Friday, June 27, 2008

Question of the Week #2 for SP 12


As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?

For the first 14 years of my life, I spent pretty much every summer at my Abuelos house in Cali Colombia South America. I couldn't wait to go!! It was such a different life style there and such a different climate as well. I would get to see my Mother's side of the family, the ENTIRE side, all of my Aunts, uncles, cousins, distant cousins, friends, etc. Practice my Spanish, go to my favorite places and eat my favorite foods. Certain scents and pictures can quickly bring back a memory for me.

I haven't been back there in over 10 years, but just writing this out brings back happy memories of happy times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I am still here and stalking your blog. I am making you something nice and it will be out soon. Have a great 4th!!

Your secret pal

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... I think what I looked forward to most about the summer was the time. The summer days were endless, stretching out into luxurious summer evenings with bedtime no where near. And the days went on and on with so much time to play kickball in the street with the neighborhood kids or eat endless ice creams from the ice cream truck. Now that I'm am mom I find summers to be a brief, sweet interlude in my year that ends all to quickly.