Monday, December 10, 2007

Hanukkah - 7th Night

I received TWO wonderful gifts in the mail during the Hanukkah holiday.

The first was from my very good knitting friend Anne

She sent some wonderful goodies including something I had never seen before for Hanukkah and I love the concept and some wonderful Cascade Fixation. Is that a hint to knit some Socks? ;-) Also two bath fizzies that Miss Sunshine is desperate to try in her bath. There is also a lovely skein of Natural cotton in a shade of pink that, of course the Princess wants something made for her immediately if not sooner.

Next, I received an AMAZINGLY AWESOME package of goodies from my swap pal in the Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap who did a fantastic job. Katie definitely had a challenge since I am a non-animal fiber knitter, one of my daughter's is allergic to dairy and I don't celebrate Christmas. She wanted to make sure I got my box during my holiday which ends Wednesday and she lives in Canada. Whew, what a tall order but, she came through with flying colors!!!


Is this not an amazing swap package, or what?!? Coffee, chocolate, Hot chocolate, a mug and yarn, yarn and yarn!!! So soft, so colorful so much variety. Soy, cotton and bamboo yarns, all fibers I love to knit with. Oh so yummy!
Thank you to both Anne and Katie for helping to make my Hanukkah all the more special!!

5 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

You totally scored on these packages. Very nice!

sharon said...

My sp11 pal was Katie too and she was fabulous. My gurlz loved their stuff. Funny that she got two sharon's in her swaps.

SissySees said...

Oooh! Ahhh! When will they make montiors with a "sensory" factor? Great packages! I see lots of pink, green and even purple, not by accident, I'm sure. ;)

Bubblesknits said...

Wow! You got lots of yarny goodness! :-)

Your Hanukkah gift is going in the mail tomorrow/today (it's after midnight, so technically it's Tuesday), so be looking for it soon. :-) Sorry it's a little late!

Miss Me said...

i'm so glad that you liked your package! and as the "other" sharon mentioned, i had to keep on my toes to remember which of you was which...