Monday, November 05, 2007

An FO, No Really

Take Lion Brand's Nature's Choice Organic Cotton Yarn

And some double pointed needles. A lot of time in waiting rooms, a creative mind, some patience and a knitting friend sitting next to you at a shopping event where you are selling your soaps and you get this:


A very cute, natural, neutral, organic cotton baby hat for a Mom who doesn't know the gender of her baby yet like my cousin who is due in February.

US 9 double pointed needles

Cast on 54 stitches evenly on 3 needles (18 on each needle). Join being careful not to twist.

k3p3 for 1 inch. stockinette till hat is long enough for you (I did 5 inches) Begin decrease.

k4, ssk around. knit 1 round.

k3 ssk around, knit 1 round.

k2 ssk around, knit 1 round

ssk around till you have 3 stitches left.

I-cord till the cord is a length you like. Bind off.

You can increase/decrease cast on as long as you can do a k3p3 rib.

Can you tell I designed this to practice my slip, slip, knits? ;-)

8 comments:

Monica said...

Yum Organic Cotton. Ironic -- I'm knitting myself a hat with organic cotton. I've never tried the Lions Brand, I'm knitting with Blue Sky Alpaca.

Your Secret Pal said...

That came out fantastic. Good job!

NH Knitting Mama said...

What a cute hat! At least you're able to make your waiting room time productive.

Grace Yaskovic said...

just adorable!

Channon said...

Yet another friend is expecting, and has requested green and/or yellow items. I have some great, green LB Organic, and I think it wants to be a hat...

Thanks too for posting the coffee swap topic. I don't know that I would have seen that on my own this week!

Bubblesknits said...

That turned out precious! I wish they would sell the LB Organic Cotton here.

BTW, I ended up catching the hubby's bug after all. Grr...

tina said...

Fab! Love baby things of any description and your hat is darling. And organic, I mean how perfect is that anyway???

WILD APPLAUSE FOR THE FO!

Holly said...

You are so talented.