Monday, November 05, 2007

Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap Topic of The Week

The Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap is also going to do a topic of the week (Hmm, wonder where they got that idea from?) and here is is:

When did you first start drinking coffee? What age were you? Was it about the caffeine, or do you love the taste and smell? Tell us how your passion began!

Don't criticize but, I started drinking coffee at a VERY young age. I spend about 3 months of every year from birth in Cali, Colombia South America where it is second to Mother's Milk down there being that coffee is their largest legal crop and major export. I probably started having Cafe con leche (coffee made with milk, not water) at 5 or 6 with my breakfast. The caffeine really does not effect you at all since it is in your blood. Coffee is served with every meal when I am with my Colombian side of my family. From breakfast through late night before bed, a cafe con leche to a drink similar to the Italian expresso called Tinto served in small cups.

I am considered a "cheater" to my Colombian side, though, since I don't drink it black. I need my sweeter whether it be the yellow packets or raw sugar and milk.

No comments: