Friday, November 16, 2007

Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap Topic of The Week

The Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap Topic of the week!! Still struggling with blog posts so these are definitely a great idea

The Thursday upcoming is Thanksgiving in the U.S., so let's all - American and not alike! - just share a post with what it is we're thankful for. A wonderful thing to do any time of year, I thought it'd be a nice thing to share for this week with the group!

Miss Sunshine and I have been through the ringer this year. Whether you read my blog or not, we have been going through all kinds of testing to see what is going on with her and finally this past Tuesday her official diagnosis came through.

My Mom and I call it alphabet soup because everything has an acronym with letters. Officially she has PDD-NOS, ADHD and fine motor skill delay. To learn about PDD-NOS, just click on the ribbon on the side bar. I am in a bit of a shock needless to say.

I am very thankful to have such a wonderful Mom to hold my hand and to offer support through this all. I am also very thankfully to have such a wonderful sister who is actually an expert in this field and although she lives in Florida, she is flying home next week to spend some time with me and then flying in again for Miss Sunshine's next critical appointment in December. My sister has already gotten me in touch with some fabulous resources here where I live that I don't think I would have found on my own. I don't know what I would do without the two of them.

I am also thankful for the Princess. She has really been amazing through all of this and she know it is still going to be a struggle. I try to make sure she gets to be 7 but she helps me out so much. I am so thankful to have such an amazing daughter.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my! you have had quite the week, haven't you? you're in my thoughts, and it sounds like you are blessed with some wonderful resources.

wwcs spoiler

B said...

Aww, Sharon! That must be really tough for you and your family. Hang in there!

Frances said...

Hi Sharon,
My thoughts are with you. Let you family help you navigate getting the best services etc. Call or email if you ever want to talk. We have a program for ASD kids in my school and I've been a Sp Ed teacher forever and parent of a son with ADD so even if I don't know the details of your daughter's situation I understand how you are feeling.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you have such great support from your family and your daughter's school through all of this. A previous neighbor of mine has PDD-NOS. He was 12 when we moved away and was one of the most pleasant and polite people I've ever met. It's amazing what great support can do for a child!

Sally said...

You and Miss Sunshine have indeed been through the ringer! Having an official diagnosis is a curse AND a blessing. Hang in there, there are many resources available to you and Miss Sunshine. I am thinking of you, Sharon!

Anonymous said...

Have a great Thanksgiving this week. Wishing you and your family the best through this and I'm so glad you have a good support system and resources.