Friday, January 11, 2008

"Defeat the Winter Doldrums" Dishcloth Swap Questionnaire

Yet, another swap questionnaire for the swap addicted this time for the "Defeat the Winter Doldrums" Dishcloth Swap a favorite swap where the name changes but the concept does not.

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? Knit Only

2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? I prefer Bamboo or other wooden needles

3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try? I like Peaches & Creme, Sugar N Cream and even love using KnitPicks Shine Worsted

4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)? My Kitchen is very neutral being that it is white with very little blue trimming. Same with my bathroom

5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite? Favorite are purple, pink, lime green. Least favorites at the moment are neon bright

6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends? I cannot stand winter especially the snow and ice. I count the days still spring. I would miss the seasons changing but why can't we just skip the winter one? ;-)

7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps? I'd do something fun with my daughters

8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps? A really good milk chocolate. Chocolate can always cheer you up

9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa? All three but not at the same time, LOL. It depends on my mood which one is necessary

10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do? Right now I would love to get away from the cold but since I have been sick, I just need a break from the every day so perhaps some place where I can get some rest and relaxation

11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of? Ah the allergy question. Well for starters, if you are going to send food, not an allergy but just make sure it is vegetarian, it will make it easier on yourself, trust me. Second, I am allergic to animal fiber yarns like wool, mohair, cashmere, etc. I just stay away from all animal yarns including silk. Check the labels to make sure they aren't in any blends too. I am also allergic to lanolin and silicone (you’d find them in body products), cats, most dogs, cigarette smoke and fresh cut grass. Aren't you glad you asked?

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Reading your allergies always make me feel less guilty when I enter swaps. It's nice to know I'm not the only one, ya know!

I never thought of Knitpicks Shine, I love that as well, good on the wallet plus it's nice and smushy.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping you got my email saying i get to spoil you this round. I am just a little worried about my pets and your allergies, but they won't be allowed near your stuff.