Monday, January 07, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap Questionnaire

Cocoa:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug? I love homemade recipes but a good rich milk chocolate blend is good also. made with milk in a big mug

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? Neither. It is very difficult to find kosher marshmallows and I'd prefer not to waste the calories on whipped cream

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors? Since I am allergic to ALL animal fibers, I love cotton, bamboo, soy, corn and linen

2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)? knit only

3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new? I use predominately only bamboo needles but would be willing to try something new

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions? I can always use more

5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)? Project bags

6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification) HAt pattern of my own creation

Miscellaneous
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter? Drink Hot chocolate ;-)

2. What is your favorite animal? A tortoise

3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'? Yup, I hate the cold

4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs? Dream of Florida

5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring? My youngest daughter's birthday

6. What are your favorite treats? chocolate, marzipan, sleep

7. What is your favorite board game? I am a sore loser so I try not to play games

8. Do you have any children (furry or human)? 2 girls and a tortoise

9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about? Animal fiber yarns like wool, mohair, cashmere, etc. I just stay away from all animal yarns including silk. I am also allergic to lanolin and silicone (you’d find them in body products), cats, most dogs, cigarette smoke and fresh cut grass. You asked.

2 comments:

Cate said...

Hey there... I notice you've been in a lot of swaps, and listed a lot of fiber allergies. Have you ever had any problems with people sending you stuff you're allergic to?
The only swap I've ever been in, I got wool. As a result I'm nervous of future swaps, but am giving the cocoa swap a try.

Anonymous said...

LOL I always love reading your allergy list ;) So glad to hear you're at least out of the woods on your cold - I'd imagine you still feel run down! Pneumonia's no joking matter missy! Take better care of you, dang it.