Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hot Cocoa Swap Question Of The Week

For the Hot Cocoa Swap the question of the week....

Now that we're in the thick of 'Winter'... has your knitting changed to match the season? Are you moving on from dishcloths, and tank tops to afghans, hats and mittens? Has your yarn changed from silk or cotton to wool, superwash or heavier cottons?

My knitting doesn't change in the winter. I still have a gazillion babies to knit for, I still don't like long, intricate projects that take a long time to knit and I still can't knit with animal fibers so there isn't much to change ;-) Miss Sunshine wants a new hat that is 100% green (her current one is 50% pink, 50% green)

I'd like to try Rowan Calmer, which is a blend of cotton and acrylic, this winter. Other than that, status quo

1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

That Rowan does sound nice. Have you ever touched it? I wonder if it has any scratch factor to it with the acrylic.