Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rough Day Yesterday

Yesterday was a rough one all around. The Princess had to be picked up from school, strep throat. She at least stayed long enough for the book fair and we bought a few books. Had to go to the doctor and everything. That was fun with the two of them in tow.

Miss Sunshine also had occupational therapy which started off terrible and you can read about that here. Then when she usually is okay with going in herself almost 99.9% of the time, I had to be there the entire time with her. I bet because of what happened in the waiting room. Her therapy session isn't as good when I am in the room with her. At least she got something it.

Then when we got home she was a mess all around as if she never had any therapy, ever. Running around, throwing things, jumping, flapping, mumbling, the works. I felt terrible for her and the princess because the princess was sick. My husband had the audacity of not only asking what was for dinner but wanting since he was leaving for New Orleans he thought we needed some grown up time. Yea right. Grown up time, what is that? The kids were attached to my hip and Miss Sunshine even fell asleep literally on top of me. I barely had time to finish the baby sweater I am making for a friend who I think either delivered today or will tomorrow since will be inducing her.

3 comments:

RandomRanter said...

Aw, yuck all around. Hope Friday goes better.

NH Knitting Mama said...

After a day like that, who the heck wants "friendly" time? I'd want to go to sleep and wake up in 10 years!

Anonymous said...

Men!!!!! The Knight has been especially self-absorbed lately too. However, I have decided to take Mary's idea and crochet him a "boobie pillow" for Valentines Day...

May today be a better day, ALL the way around!