Saturday, September 01, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Swap and Questionnaire

I am so excited for the Fall into Autumn Swap because this round, I am co-hosting with Anne. You know I LOVE swaps, hosting is just one of the added benefits

Here are the answers to my questionnaire because even though you host, you still get a secret pal :-)

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it? Knit How long have you been knitting\crocheting? Technically since I am 9.

2. Have you made dishcloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both? I have knit them before and i have used them myself, given them as gifts and I even sell them with my soaps (I have a soap business Sharon's Soaps N' Stuff )

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ? I LOVE Blue Sky, Tahki, Pakucho and Cherry Tree Hill. I was just told about Rowan Calmer and now I would REALLY like to try it.

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? I like both straight and circular and prefer wooden, Rosewood and Bamboo

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much? Favorite color is lavender but I have been know, thanks to my daughters to like deep pinks and green (either lime or Kelly)

6. What do you like best about Autumn? My birthday, my oldest daughter's birthday, the color of the leaves changing

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks! Pumpkin definitely and apple

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day? I didn't oversleep but I wasn't jumping for joy

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the time frame of the swap) The kids do go Trick-or treating but we don't really celebrate Halloween like put up decorations or anything


10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose? Hmm, that is a tough one. Definitely chocolate, Tastykakes, black beans

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;) i have two daughters, a tortoise and a husband who acts like a child ;-)

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why? Definitely non-animal fiber, colorful, soft, easy to work with

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths? facecloths

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays) Thanksgiving. There is no religious aspect to it, our family gets together and is thankful for everything we have, my oldest and I collect cans and donated then to a local food bank, we also donate to a local organization that prepares meals to people living with AIDS, and some of my best holidays memories happened at Thanksgiving

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? Animal fiber yarns like wool, mohair, cashmere, etc. I just stay away from all animal yarns including silk. I am also allergic to lanolin and silicone (you’d find them in body products), cats, most dogs, cigarette smoke and fresh cut grass. You asked.

1 comment:

B said...

I've added my responses at http://patrioticcrab.blogspot.com/ - thank you for cohosting this swap