Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday Reflections

I am still working on the top for my sister. It will obviously not be complete for when my Mom leaves for Florida October 14Th but, I am hoping that it is finished when my sister comes home for Thanksgiving. Crossing my fingers and praying is more like it. I really need to find more sit down, quiet time to knit. I just can't seem to find the knitting time. Perhaps when all these holidays are over and I get my head wrapped around this other stuff going on I can find some knit time.

I did actually cast on for my dishcloth for my swap partner as well. I casted on and frogged like three times but, I think I am FINALLY happy with the pattern I am working on now. Actually, the Princess helped me settle on something I could like. She is really good at that kind of thing. She is really good at selecting scents for soaps and balms too. She helped blend one of each that smell so good, Pumpkin Creme Brulee Soap and Bergamot Blended Balm (it isn't named yet because I told her she could name it). Now she wants to make a Peppermint and Tea Tree Oil Doggie Shampoo so that is on our to do list.

I finally had a bright spot in my baby knitting, I get to make something not girlie!!! One of my closest friends is having a BOY!! After 7 baby girls to knit for, I FINALLY get to knit for a baby boy! I am so excited! I ran out and bought a green and blue variegated yarn. I actually thanked her for having a boy even though I realistically know she didn't have anything to do with it.

So much to do, so little time

4 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Crap...and now the word verification demon has found me again. "itzpfladw"

Anonymous said...

I just sent you an e-mail but I'm afraid it might get caught as spam. It's coming from the e-mail address:
lovemygsps (at) hotmail (dot) com
If you don't get an e-mail from me please send me one, then if I reply it should get through any spam filters.

SissySees said...

Mugsy would like to pre-order some doggy shampoo. Will there be an oatmeal version too?

I miss my little helper. Of course, I hear that at 15, he wouldn't be much help anyway...

NH Knitting Mama said...

Do I detect a little bit of sadness in your first paragraph? You seem to be overwelmed. Don't let the holidays stress you out this early!