Monday, September 17, 2007

Philadelphia Area Knit Out

After work yesterday, I headed into town for the Philadelphia area knit out! It was soooo cool! It was in the Pennsylvania Convention center and knitters, crocheters and other fiber fanatics took over one section of the entire Convention center (it is over 2 city blocks HUGE!). Everyone was super friendly helping each other out, giving help, there was a sweater doctor there, demos, raffles going on and door prizes to be won.

Speaking of prizes, a lot of the stuff, of course, was wool and other animal fiber-ish stuff but I had meet up with my good pals from my Wednesday night knit group (Hi Anne Marie, Maria, Robin, Beverly and my new friend MJ). Robin and Beverly made sure I won something Sharon Friendly.

Here's what came home with me:

This is 100% cotton yarn from a brand I had not heard of Creme de La creme but it id definitely my colors

Ebony and Rosewood US4 circular needles from Lantern Moon. Okay, I know you are thinking she hates the teeny tiny but they are gorgeous, aren't they? I can always use them for lace

The princess has already said these are either going to be candy bags or more baby hats. What do you think, Amanda?

I also had plenty of time to knit so I finished my Cotton Stretch Baby Hat


I then started working on my Sigma Tank for my sister. She is coming home for Thanksgiving so I would love it if I had most of it done, if not all by then. This is being done in the Pakucho Dark green. So far I am loving it!


Oh and see the cute little stitch marker? The little turtle? I got that from Jessi!

Now I think I am caught up. The holiday season is a bit hectic for me but, I will try to to stick around a bit ;-)

6 comments:

Devonshire said...

Knit out - how jealous am I!!! Boston's got canceled. ;-(

The needles look lovely...I love the creme de la creme....

SissySees said...

How wonderful! And I can't even find a knitting group in my town. That yarn looks yummy! You can always wear the Lantern Moon needles in your hair, as I have threatened to do with the Knitpick Harmonys...

Bubblesknits said...

I would love it if we had something like that down here!

4's are not teensy tiny. That would be 1's. LOL

JenniferB said...

Oh my goodness those needles are lovely, as is the yarn. and the little turtle stitch marker! so cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh Congratulations on your winning! Those needles are very nice! Love the colors for sure, we do share the love of purple:)

NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm with ya on the cotton yarn... I just love the stuff, and it doesn't break the bank!

Wow, lucky score on the Lantern Moon needles!