Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Topic of the Week for Fall into Autumn Swap

Autumn has now officially begun here in the States!! What is your favorite thing about Autumn/Fall? Why?

Funny you should ask (I did didn't I, LOL)

There are a few things I love about Autumn. I love taking long drives and watching the leaves on the trees take on new colors and change. The deep magentas and reds, rich yellows and oranges, the deep browns and coffee colors, even the various greens you see. Then I like to watch my children make huge piles and jump in them over and over again. Their laughs and giggles are contagious.

Autumn is also a HUGE birthday season for my family starting with....... me!!! My birthday is October 3rd (eek next Wednesday) and we usually have a family dinner of my choosing which my Mom makes because I tend to chose a Colombian dish. My youngest nephew is the day after mine and he is turning the big 3. Roughly a week after that The Princess is celebrating the big 7. Then towards the end of Autumn my brother and his lovely bride are each celebrating truly big birthdays this year. They are each turning 40 this year and they are going to spend a few days in Las Vegas to celebrate.

One of my favorite non-religious holidays is during Autumn as well, Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving for many reasons but this year will be extra special. My sister and her husband, who live in Florida, will be coming u North to celebrate with us. It will be nice to have them home for the holiday. Holidays to me mean family and it wouldn't be the same if they weren't here.

2 comments:

SissySees said...

Well, an early happy birthday! (See? I didn't forget... yet...)

I love autumn and Thanksgiving too. I'm hoping Anne comes up again!

RandomRanter said...

I knew there was a reason (well, one of many) I liked you so much. Mine is the fourth!