Monday, October 01, 2007

Topic of the Week for Fall into Autumn Swap

The first day of October! Gosh I just LOVE October! So many wonderful things happen in October and me getting one year older is NOT one of them ;-)

So the question this week is: Are there any recipes you especially enjoy having in the Fall? Any foods that are seasonal that you especially enjoy? (and this one I did not write, go figure, LOL)

I am enamoured with the flavors of Autumn. I enjoy a good Apple pie, a yummy pumpkin pie a delicious pecan. I love that Tastykake, a local cake company, comes out with a variety of apple and pumpkin pies this time of year that are so sinfully good. I try to limit myself to just a couple a season.

I do have to admit though, that since my sister and the Princess cannot have any dairy I have developed a non-dairy pumpkin pie for them but, I can't share the recipe because it has become sort of famous around these parts and therefore turned into a family secret ;-)

4 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

hehehe You do have a birthday coming up don't you? ;-)

Tastykake...you know, I don't know that I've ever had one of those. hmmm....

SissySees said...

I've never had a Tastykake either. And while I'm thinking about it, happy almost birthday! ;)

Milly said...

Love pecan pies this time of year and pumpkin spice lattes.

Anonymous said...

I might not be a part of that swap, but I can certainly agree with you that autumn is a great time for food! My favourite recipe is a butternut squash soup with mushrooms and sweet spices from the Moosewood cookbook -- it tastes just like fall should! I'm also year-round a chai tea latte fan, but in the fall it seems to be best :)