Saturday, October 20, 2007

Busy, Busy....Again

Fall, a time for hay rides, apple picking, pumpkin carving and the oh so wonderful craft show. My busy season has begun! This year I am trying different things in my product line, doing some of my same shows and one or two new ones.

Getting everything thing made and ready is both fun and a ton of work. Deciding scent color shape, packaging... all the things I love. Now that everyting is in my "warehouse" I have space to really spreadout and have energy to work.

The princess has really taken an interest in the family business this year and has come up with two products of her own this season that will also go on display. I am so excited!!! One is named for our new fish, Sparkles, and is a heart shaped glycerin soap with fish embeds. The other, which she did a lot more "research" into is named for my nephews' dog and is an all natural dog Shampoo with tea tree, peppermint and lavender essential oils called Daisy's Doggie Shampoo (all of our products are named for females). Her grandmother's dog tried it and is already a fan!!

The Princess also helped me with several new soaps like Pumpkin Creme Brulee, Spearmint Eucalyptus, and Oatmeal Milk and Honey (I think half of this batch is spoken for, right Anne?). Also made some Shea butter lotion and tried my new fragrance Blue Musk that is little and fresh and I just LOVE it!!.

I have a few more weeks till my first show and a bit more work to do but, I think it is going to be an exciting fall season.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh yum! Pumpkin Creme Brulee!!! Sounds good enough to eat.

Happy belated birthday!!!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I can't wait to see the stuff in the shop - I'll be ready to do some holiday shopping!

Anonymous said...

Ooh can't wait to see some in the shop! I've got to start planning some holiday gifts!

Bubblesknits said...

I just had to have some of that Pumpkin Creme Brulee! I also snagged a bit of the Oatmeal Honey. I can't wait to try all of it!

SissySees said...

I did a lot of damage with some unplanned holiday shopping yesterday, but... Pumpkins and doggy soap are not to be resisted!!

I can only imagine the extra joy and satisfaction that came with these products. It's always fun when a child, especially your own, takes an interest in something that interests you!

Melissa said...

The new products sound great!

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome she's helping out and coming up with her own ideas! Like mother like daughter!

Now.. I'm no Daisy Dog, but tea tree shampoo is my very favorite, so do develop one for humans, k? There's one by paul mitchell that I love lol

I can't wait to see things and yes'm! I have lots of soap to order from you just as soon as I've recovered from all my teeth and car are costing me. Sigh.

I miss you when you're busy!