Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap

The questionnaire is up for the Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap being hosted by Anne and Holly. I am very much looking forward to this swap. Okay, when am I not looking forward to a swap? (shut up Jessi)

It is a nice long questionnaire and I am going to answers as best I can in hopes that my pal really pays attention because besides my allergies, I celebrate a different holiday during the season.

Coffee

What are your favorite kinds of coffee? (Brands, Roasts, anything at all you'd like to share!) I am half Colombian so I really prefer Colombian coffee

Do you prefer whole bean or ground coffee? I did have a grind and brew coffee maker but, I gave it to my Mom so I no longer have a grinder :-(

This time of year, there are often Holiday Blends available, and many flavored coffees - do you drink flavored coffee? I am not into mint coffee but I do like a pumpkin latte every so often. I like Mocha, hazelnut and vanilla on occasion as well.

Do you enjoy special blends? As long as it is Colombian ;-)

How do you take your coffee? Cream and Sugar? Straight up? My Colombia relatives call me a traitor but, I like splenda and milk in my coffee

Decaf? NEVER

Do you prefer drinking from a nice thick mug, or a matched cup and saucer? Unless I am drinking real espresso from an espresso cup, then a coffee mug

Winter and Holidays - PLEASE be descriptive! Your pal will need this information to be sure to put together a package you will enjoy!

What is your favorite part of Winter? That it is only three months long ;-) Winter break? I can go visit my sister in Florida? Hot chocolate

Do you celebrate a holiday in December, and if so, which holiday? I celebrate Hanukkah, Wahoo it is 8 days long!!

If you celebrate Christmas, do you put up a tree? No Christmas, no tree, no Hanukkah bush, no lights, no decorating, no angels, no Santas, no Reindeer, no snowmen (I am hoping you get the idea)

Would you enjoy items related to the holiday, or would you prefer a Winter themed package? If you can manage Hanukkah themed items that would be wonderful but, I know how difficult that is so winter or even a hot chocolate themed package works

Do you collect anything? Besides yarn? Disney type items like Goofy and Tinkerbell

Are there any holiday or winter-themed items (Snowmen, Angels, Snowflakes, Santas, etc) that you collect? Dreidels (Hanukkah related spinning tops) and Hanukkiahs (menorahs specifically for Hanukkah)

Do you wear scarves? Mittens? Hats? I do wear scarves and hats

What is your favorite holiday or winter treat? holiday - gelt (chocolate coins) winter - hot chocolate

Please share a favorite Winter or Holiday memory. Although I have many holiday memories and I am sure some that stick out more in my memory nothing is more meaningful than the first time the Princess could recite the blessings over the candles all by herself. I was in awe. Miss Sunshine chimes in as well now and they sing songs. It just makes my little family complete that can say the blessings themselves and enjoy it so much. They can't wait each night of the holiday when I pull out the menorah, fill in with each candle and we say the blessings together.

Yarn and Crafting

Do you Knit or Crochet? Knit

For how long? 29 years

Do you like wooden, metal, or plastic needles\hooks? I prefer wooden needles

Circular or straight? I use both depending on the project

What sort of projects do you enjoy making? Prefer ones where i have no delay of gratification meaning I can knit them up quickly

What are your favorite types of yarn to work with? Cottons and soy

Do you spin or dye? No

Do you do other crafts such as scrapbooking or needlepoint or anything else? I make handmade all natural bath and body products

General

When is your birthday? October 3

Do you have any children? (Furry kind count!) I have two daughters 7 and 4.5 and a Tortoise (okay she isn't furry)

What are your favorite colors? Purple, lime for one daughter and pink for the other daughter

Do you have any allergies? Are you sure you want to ask that? ;-) Animal fiber yarns like wool, mohair, cashmere, etc. I just stay away from all animal yarns to be safe including silk. I am also allergic to lanolin and silicone (you’d find them in body products), cats, most dogs, cigarette smoke and fresh cut grass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Sharon - thanks for being so clear with the holiday stuff. If it kills us, we'll find a pal we know will pay attention =)

NH Knitting Mama said...

Well, I'm not in the swap, but enjoyed reading your answers!

Bubblesknits said...

Waa? I didn't say a word! I was being good (for once!). LOL

I love those little chocolate coins. My Mom and Grandma always made sure that there were some in my stocking every year. Good memories. :-)

Anonymous said...

hmmm... i love a challenge - i think that i'm going to have fun with this! off to poll my "people" for sources of some fun stuff for you. ; )

your wwcs spoiler