Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Topic of the Week for Fall into Autumn Swap

I can't believe I didn't answer my own topic of the week. Sheesh, what kind of hostess doesn't that make me. No one answer that :-P

Now that it is getting cooler here, it makes me think of apple picking and hay rides. Are you the type that likes to go to participate in all the fall festivities like apple picking, pumpkins, decorating for the fall, hay rides, baking fall goodies, etc. or do you just sit and count the days till Thanksgiving/Christmas/Hanukkah?

I can't exactly do the hay ride thing unless I take some allergy meds before I go therefore I tend to avoid them but, I do love going to the Orchards and going apple picking. We have a few really good ones near us too. Nothing beats a homemade apple pie or crisp made with apples you picked yourself, YUM! I actually just made one and ate it with some yummy tea from Mary. I also love pumpkin pie, which I make as well just not with fresh pumpkin. I keep telling myself one of these days but haven't yet.

Thanksgiving and Hanukkah are two of my favorite holidays but the "before we get there" part are pretty stressful. So, I don't exactly count the days. Yes, we are already in the who brings what and were is it going to be "discussion". Oh what fun.

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Oh, you must do fresh pumpkin! I'm rather spoiled; my mother inlaw cooks the pumpkin for me, so it's no more trouble than canned. It really does make a difference.