Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Smack My Forehead, I Can't Believe I Forgot to tell You

Smack the forehead hard!! With all the running around we do, Miss Sunshine, the Princess and I, I can't believe I forgot to tell you we got a new pet this past Saturday. Yes, Miss Tina Turner Tortoise has a companion. No, not another Tortoise nor a cat nor a dog (my allergies could not take it). Not even a gerbil or a mouse although both Miss Sunshine and the Princess begged and pleaded.

The Princess picked out a very lovely blue Japanese Fighter Fish AKA a Betta fish that she let Miss Sunshine name. She aptly named the fish Miss Sparkles. We have already tried to feed the fish all the fish food at once, poor fish. We now know you cannot do that. The fish resides in a very lovely new tank and if it lasts as long as our old Betta, 3 years, it will be so lucky. Perhaps we will pick up some faux plants this weekend for it.

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Let's see some pics of this fish... I think they are so beautiful.

Bubblesknits said...

Ooh! I love those! I had several over the years when I was growing up. :-)

SissySees said...

If you photograph Miss S., I'll try to get a decent shot of Flipper, our 2 yr. old betta!