Friday, March 02, 2007

It's Time to Make The Lotion

One of my favorite shows is coming up very soon, in fact, how did it get to be March already?!!? I like it because it is several days long, I do not have to be there every day and the customers have great taste (they buy my goodies, LOL). I start making soap for the show as soon as the holiday rush is over. With soap, it is better to have it sit longer. The longer it "airs" or cures, the better it is. Like a fine wine one of my soap mentors once told me, a soap has a best if you wait age and a good handmade soap is better if you wait at least 4 - 6 weeks before using it.

Lotion, on the other hand, is better made fresh and used fresh. Therefore, I wait till very close to the show to make it because I want it to be as fresh as possible. I guess it is time.

I LOVE making lotion. Measuring out all the ingredients, the feel of the Shea butter and olive oil, watching what happens when you mix the oils and water phases together and amazed every time when it turns white and then deciding what scents to use for the season. It is kind of like a kid in a candy store. I stand in my "work room" smelling all the bottles, making little samples up, mixing and matching. At least I now stick with the same lotion recipe but every once in a while you might catch a lotion special on my web site.

I think this year feels a tropical year. Perhaps I will go back to coconut, mango coconut and my more tropical scents. Then again, I did get some nice fruity scents. Oh the decisions. i guess you will just have to wait and see.

No comments: