Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mmmm Shea Butter

I made Shea Butter tins today. Bulgarian lavender and unscented in 2 oz tins and labeled them. That is pretty much all I really need to say if you have ever used Shea butter before. If you haven't, you really should. It is so soft and so smooth and feels so good on your skin. It is great on your face, lips, arms, elbows, belly and legs. Just about every where.

Shea butter has literally been used for over a thousand years. It can be used "as is" or for the protection and care of skin cracked and dehydrated by the elements. Shea is extremely moisturizing and gentle to the skin. It is obtained from the seed of the Karite Tree (Butyrospermum Parkii) common to West Africa so don't let anyone ever tell you it is from the States.
Me personally, I love it when I finish a container because I get to stick my hands into the remains of a container, like I did today. My hands were so soft all day. I was a happy camper.

No comments: