Saturday, March 24, 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire

I love swaps and I accidentally stumbled upon this fabulous knitting one called Knitter's Treat Exchange. So, of course I signed up for it. Here are the answers to my questionnaire

1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
I LOVE Chenille yarns. Those in my knitting group would say I am addicted or obsessed to it, LOL. It is so soft and fluffy and when you rub it on your skin it feels so soft and comforting

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn? Any animal fiber yarn since it makes me itch and I am allergic

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop? Ask where the non-wool yarn is located. Then I obsess over all the gorgeous hand painted colorways that I can stare at but never touch :-(

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do? Soapmaking, painting, making chocolates, crafts with my kids

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to? Creative Knitting but I might pick up a copy of Vogue or interweave at my local bookstore if I am feeling especially needy that month

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference: Knitting/Other Craft/ Celebrity/ Gossip/ Food/ Fashion/ Home/ Garden/ Crochet (I don’t know how to crochet)

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet? I like to make things for my daughters; I just learned how to use circular needles (hooray!); learning to knit lace, hats for charities (Ships Project), slippers, washcloths for my soaps, whatever catches my fancy

8. Are you allergic to anything? Animal fiber yarn especially wool, lanolin, I don’t really use any animal based products just in case I might react to it, certain chemicals used in lotions like silicone, cats, cigarette smoke

9. What do you like to* smell of?(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of) Citrus, sweet like candy or fruit

10. What's your favourite way to relax? Knit, relax with a really good cup of coffee or herbal tea, that once in a blue moon soak in the tub

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first? Go to the Italian café.

12. What do you come out with? Get a really good cup of café con leche sit on the sidewalk with my knitting and watch the people walk by while I sit, drink and knit. Now, that would be ideal.

13. Where do you go next? Now this might be a toss up. I LOVE having a proper afternoon tea and have even taken my older daughter for an afternoon tea here where I live so, I might say the dainty tea room. However, I have a sweet spot for delicate decadent sweets so, I might say Victorian style sweetshop

14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal? Since we didn’t get asked favourite colors, mine is any shade of purple (notice the purple, LOL) including lavender. I love chocolate but what woman doesn’t ;-) and I am very much looking forward to participating in this swap! (I hope who I get paired with someone who likes handmade soap......)

1 comment:

Devonshire said...

Isn't this going to be fun! I can't wait to get paired up with someone and find things that they will hopefully like. Enjoyed your blog - I love to make soap too! Haven't for a while though. Thanks for posting on my blog.