Monday, March 12, 2007

What a Great Weekend!

First I have to say, what a great weekend away! I can't wait till next years weekend! Even though I only got to stay from friday afternoon till after dinner on Saturday, it was very relaxing, I got a ton of knitting in, went to my first "knit-in" won a terrific door prize, went yarn shopping and was in terrific company of some great knitting friends.

I learned how to knit in the round with circular needles and finishing off with double pointed needles, neither of which I had never done before. I made a very cute yellow hat which I originally intended for me but you know that never happens. As soon as I got home ans showed it to the princesses she decided it was for her even though it is not her color and appropriated itI combined about three different patterns and changed the yarn to make it because I can't just make a pattern straight from a sheet. Then it wouldn't be me now would it?

I made a promise to finish a blanket 24 inch stripe for the knit-in but then I think I want to try another seamless hat.

No comments: