Saturday, July 07, 2007

Chunky Hat


Easy distraction knitting.
Yarn: Lion Brand Jiffy Thick & Quick. It is my favorite inexpensive yarn that is 100% acrylic, 84 yards and super bulky. Lives up to its name because it is very thick and knits up very quick. It calls for 17s but I used 15 US circulars for the hat.
Pattern: Made it up as I went along. Cast on 40. Did some purl and knit thing at the bottom and the about 6 or so inches of knit and then some sort of decrease. I don't have 15 dpns so I used the largest ones I have, 10s. Worked just fine.
Since I don't knit wool, this makes for a very nice warm alternative. it's very warm I better take it off my head LOL

2 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

And what lovely colors those are! That turned out very pretty. Good job!

Guess what I'm eating?
Boiled Peanuts. YUM!!!

Alaina said...

I like the hat :)

Looks a little warm for this time of year... hee hee

Happy Monday.