Thursday, July 19, 2007

Needed Something to Keep Me Busy Today

Anne and Jessica already know this but, I don't think I posted about it on my blog. Little Miss Sunshine is having oral surgery tomorrow. She has 7 teeth that need some serious work done on them and because she is a tad hyperactive she is going under general anesthesia to have the work done. It will all be done at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), one of the best hospitals in the country, in my opinion if I do say so myself, but, I am still quite nervous about the entire thing.

This morning Miss Sunshine and I posed all my yarn and snapped pictures of it. I didn't think I was going to do it but, she was having fun handing me different yarns so, we snapped pictures and I entered the yarn into Ravelry this morning.

Then they called to tell me what time we have to be there for her surgery tomorrow and I got extra nervous. So now I am clicking on all the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap Tourist's blogs and seeing if they are in Ravelry and if they are, I am friending them. At least I am getting to see which of the swap's tourists are in Ravelry and checking out their "About Me" sections which is very cool, btw. It is giving me something to do that I won't have to frog some knitting later because I messed it up and is very mindless and keeps me otherwise occupied.

8 comments:

Lora said...

Big hugs to you and little miss sunshine for a good day tomorrow!! See you on Ravelry :):)

Devonshire said...

Best wishes to little miss sunshine. I'm sure she will come through with flying colors. Bring lots of knitting to keep you busy as she is for her operation, it will keep your mind of all things positive.

NH Knitting Mama said...

My son is having oral surgery next Friday, so I completely understand what you're saying.

I'm on Ravelry, too! NH Knitting Mama.

Anonymous said...

If I didn't know you're nervous about the little one, I'd have to think you're trying to rub the whole Ravelry thing in :P I'm glad you two found something to do together to take your mind off. I'll be saying a little prayer for you both in the morning - do post as soon as ya can so we know she comes out ok!! :)

SissySees said...

You and Miss Sunshine are both in my prayers! Good luck tomorrow - to both of you.

Bubblesknits said...

We're thinking about you and Miss Sunshine! Let me know how she does and call me if you need to talk. ((hugs))

picperfic said...

aww, it's difficult for both of you isn't it? sending you a virtual hug to help you through...I've signed up for ravelry....

Laurie said...

I'm in Ravelry but haven't had a single free minute to log all my stuff on it let alone go wandering through the forest of fiber information available.
My username is: libellula
Sure, add me to your "friend" list. I would love it.
Since I am posting this comment days after you wrote it, I assume all went well with the surgery. I was reading about summer camp with the girls, so mouths have been healed and life is continuing in the summer sun.