Sunday, July 29, 2007

A New WIP, a Pattern From a Friend

NH Knitting Mama (Amanda) has a terribly cute free pattern that she designed herself, up on her site for a little drawstring bag. I just can't resist!! Okay, I have NEVER done a project with just double pointed needles so, I am a bit, okay a lot, nervous. She does have a contest to go along with it which is a little bit of enticement but more so the fact that she got me to start a project with just DPNs was more than enough enticement for me. Here is my start.

Not too shabby for my first ever DPN project would you say?

4 comments:

Holly said...

I am scared of dpn's. Don't know why, and I just got through asking Anne is there any way to just do it on circulars. I might try myself.

Anonymous said...

Great that you are getting the hang of double pointed! You just have to get past the first inch or so then it's easy sailing (as I see you've done!). I think I'm going to make the bag too...it's a cool pattern...I saw it right after she posted it!
VVS pal

Bubblesknits said...

See, it's not so bad, is it? ;-)

Next thing you know, you'll be knitting socks!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I saw your message on Ravelry... thank you for giving it a try for me! I think the good thing about doing this project on the dpn's is that the yarn "sticks" to the needles enough that it is easier to manage. It looks great so far!

Thank you for giving it a try. I have made 3 of them, and they were all great fun for me.