Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Baby Knitting?

So I went to knitting group tonight and my knitting buds are helping me with my latest obsession, baby knitting. I had decided with the 4 (or is it 5) babies that are due in the next 6 or so months to friends I wanted to make some sweaters but make them so that all I would have to do is sew the sleeve seams if that. I really didn't want to have to be bothered with sewing fronts, backs and sleeves. There are TONS of patterns out there other than The Mason Dixon Kimono and the 5-hour baby pattern that I had fun playing with.

One friend let me browse through her Debbie Bliss book and one friend wants me to come over so I can look through her library for the Baby Surprise pattern and she has several others that are knit All-In-One that will be perfect. Going there tomorrow.

Maybe I will even knit a few extra baby goodies to have on hand since they are much quicker projects than adult ones and smaller than ones for my kids ;-) Eventually a baby will be born who I will need to give it too, right?

2 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Have you seen the rainbow sweater on the Yarn Harlot's blog? It's several posts back and probably requires more sewing, but it's gorgeous! She got the kits from Lettuce Knits I think. I'm kinda wanting to knit a baby kimono, but don't want to tempt the fates too much! LOL

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
We've got a move date... can you remind me again where you are... Scranton? If that's teh case... I'm goign to be looking for a knitting group... we'll be in Mountain Top!