Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dog Days of Summer

Because if you know me, I cannot pass on a GOOD swap (I do not knit socks so I do not do those swaps) I think there are still spots open so if you run on over you can sign up for the Dog Days of Summer Dishcloth Swap

Here are my answers to the questionnaire:

1. Do you knit, or crochet, or do both? Knit How long have you been knitting\crocheting? Technically since I am 9.

2. Have you knit dishcloths or dishtowels before? Yes, I have.

3. What are your favorite cotton yarns? Is there a cotton or linen you’ve been dying to try but have not? I LOVE Blue Sky, Tahki and Cherry Tree Hill. I just received some CotLin from Knit Picks but, I have been actually dying to try Corn Fiber.

4. Are there any cotton yarns you don’t enjoy knitting with? Does such a thing actually exist?

5. What type of needle do you prefer using? (Metal/Wood/Plastic) Rosewood and Bamboo

6. What other projects do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? Right now I am really enjoying baby items and little bags but I love to knit lace as well.

7. Do you have other hobbies or enjoy other kinds of crafting? Soapmaking, painting, making chocolates, crafts with my kids

8. What kind of treats do you like? Chocolate? Candies? Nuts? Yes, Yes, and Yes. I actually really LOVE milk chocolate

9. What colors are your kitchen and bath decorated in, if any? kitchen is blue and white, bathroom is very neutral tones

10. What are your favorite colors and what colors do you dislike? Favorite color is lavender but I am on a desperate hunt for a variegated non-animal fiber yarn that is green and lavender but I can't seem to find one any where (they all have mohair or wool or silk which I can't use) I'd even settle for green, lavender and pink which combines the three colors of the three girls in my life. Least favorite I'd say rust.

11. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Other beverages? Mojitos? j/k Iced coffee in the summer tea all year round

12. Do you have any kids (human or pet variety!)? I have two very precious girls. Does my husband count as a child?

13. Do you have any allergies? Animal fiber yarns like wool, mohair, cashmere, etc. I just stay away from all animal yarns to be safe including silk. I am also allergic to lanolin and silicone (you’d find them in body products), cats, most dogs, cigarette smoke and fresh cut grass. You asked.

14. Please share 3 tidbits about yourself that you think your pal and other swappers might find odd or interesting.
I am swap addicted. I not only do knit swaps but I also do soap swaps.
I have a warped sense of humor
I am a Disney fanatic, especially Goofy with a growing attachment to Tinkerbell (thanks to my Miss Sunshine) You should see my kids playroom :-)

3 comments:

SissySees said...

My blog needs more color. Just popping in to read yours makes me smile!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Glad to know there's another out there that doesn't knit socks. I was thinking it was just me.

Unknown said...

Oh I love Goofy!!!