Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap Questionnaire

Here are my answers to the questionnaire:

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? I have never been to Hawaii and I love the tropics. I have also never really toured the west coast. I have only been to California once, never seen Washington State or Oregon.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? I knew when I wrote this question it would be a tough one for me. There are so many countries I have yet to visit and so many I would love to go back to. I would love to go back to both Israel and Colombia for family and personal reasons. The only country I have ever seen in Europe is England so I think I would like to travel Europe. See Spain, Italy, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Switzerland..perhaps when my girls are older

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? Yes, I have technically driven from Maine to Florida but not all in one trip. When I was younger my family did the PA to Florida trip numerous times. When I was a teen I drove with my grandmother from PA to Maine, then we hopped a boat and went over to Nova Scotia. I have also driven numerous times from PA to NYC and to Boston. I have driven from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, from Tucson to the Grand Canyon (one of my favorite trips, I have mentioned this before, with my sister) and my one time in California driven from San Diego to Los Angeles. I even drove with the Princess to Ohio to meet some of my Internet friends. I am actually about to drive my sister to Florida. I leave on Father's Day. I can't wait!!

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? When I was twelve, we did a whirlwind vacation that started at my cousin's wedding in Panama got to experience seeing boats go through the Panama canal and then we took an 8 seater plane over the Pacific Ocean to a small island called Contadora. It is located in the Pearl Islands of Panama and simply breath taking

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? This is a tough one because ever since I was nine months old I have been traveling. Do I say the summers as a child I used to spend in Colombia with my grandparents? Is that considered traveling? Do I say my 6 month trip to Israel? Do I say my many trips to Disney World? (I am a HUGE Disney Fan) Or my trips to Arizona with my sister? I have WAY too many favorite trips to pick just one

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
I live very near Philadelphia so it is very difficult not to play tourist here. We have so many wonderful museums, parks, history and culture that even if i didn't get out of town visitors often I would still go and see them often. Besides, how could you not want to go see the Rocky statue?

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? I am both a museum visitor and an occasional beach goer but not a fan of the sand. I do love the smell of the ocean though

8. What's your favorite type of yarn? Right now my favorite is Organic cotton or soy

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? any animal fiber because I happen to be allergic to it

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? Right now I have been knitting a lot of baby items but I also like to knit lace, washcloths, hats and what ever interests me

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? I rarely go on vacation but when I do I try to take simple projects that I can put down easily. Hats on circular needles, simple washcloths and extra project or two just in case. A few new pattern books to browse always come in handy too

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? Soapmaking, painting, making chocolates, crafts with my kids

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) Unfortunately, yes. Animal fiber yarns like wool, mohair, cashmere, etc. I just stay away from all animal yarns to be safe including silk. I am also allergic to lanolin and silicone (you’d find them in body products), cats, most dogs, cigarette smoke and fresh cut grass.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? My favorite color is purple, any shade especially lavender. Least favorite is puce

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Definitely sweet, yummy milk chocolate

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? I love doing these swaps and I love to travel when I can. I also love crafty gifts and exchanges. I am a process crafter not just with knitting but with all my crafts. I am very excited about this swap and I hope everyone who signed up for it is also!!!


There are less than 50 spaces still open in the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap so if you want in, you better head on over. We are in Bora-Bora right now.

No comments: