Thursday, June 28, 2007

Got my KVVS Pal!!

I am so excited! I got my Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap pal this morning and I am thrill to have this swap really moving and shaking. I remember when I started chatting with Jessi and Anne about this swap and persuading them to host with me. A little arm twisting and 150 tourists later here we are! WOW Is all I can say.

You can never really say you are swap addicted till you host one of these babies yourself, LOL.

When I was in Disney last week, I snapped this:

It was like a "sign" I was supposed to be doing this swap or something being from Philadelphia and all. You should have seen me laughing hysterically in the middle of Liberty Square in the Magic Kingdom. Should have seen the looks I was getting too. It is actually cast from the same exact mold as the one we have right here downtown. This one is considered second generation. Amazing! The Princess and I will take a trip to see the real thing when she is finished with the camp later this summer for my tourist.

3 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

"Hey honey...look at that crazy lady laughing at the Liberty Bell! What a nut!"

*snicker*

So, do I get a set of Mickey Mouse ears?

Lynn said...

I've been thru Disney more times than I can remember, but I NEVER knew that the liberty bell was cast from the same mold as the original!! You learn something new every day!! LOL

SissySees said...

How neat! There's another, also from the same mold, sitting in front of fire headquarters here in Charlottesville. I saw it nearly every day for the 12 years I worked there, and I bet at least twice each year, I stopped to read the brass plate imprinted with all the important details about the replica bell...

Thanks for reminding me!