Saturday, June 02, 2007

Oh My Is It a Knitting Update?!

This is where I am so far on the baby sweater. I really and truly haven't gotten that much further. Life seems to keep getting in the way. Plus I didn't like the pattern too much so I had to adjust it to my liking, frog a little, write a little, knit very little. I like it a lot better. I still LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Blue Sky Alpaca Dyed Cotton. I still can't get over the irony of the name of it, LOL. I just love that I can use a yarn that has Alpaca in the name, hee hee. It is so soft I just love the feel of it. Love the color, Orchid, too, especially that it is for a baby girl and it is NOT baby pink.

I have three, yes three swaps I want to mail off next week to get them off my plate before I really have to start organizing the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap and before I drive my sister to her new home in Florida which we leave for on Father's Day (if you live off of route 95 between PA and Orlando give a little wave). I was organizing what I want to send and found a little surprise tucked away that I completely forgot about (don't you just love those?). it was part of a grab bag. Grab bags usually contain animal fibers but this one promised it wouldn't and it didn't.

This gorgeous yarn was part of the grab bag. It is from Cherry Tree Hill and called Souris Blanc colorway Water (it is hot pink, light pink, golden yellow, pale yellow and lavender) 100% Rayon 338 yards

My question is, what do I do with it? Any suggestions? I have no clue as to the gauge. A nice lacy wrap type thing? a scarf of some kind? Not a clue. Suggestion are HIGHLY requested, pretty please.

I am pouring drinks over at the the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap, so come join us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooo pretty! :)

There's such a cool pattern in No Sheep for You. Did you get that yet? It's the Berthe Collar. That yarn would be perfect!

Unknown said...

SQUEAL!!! I'm on your favorite blog list!!! What a compliment!!! :D Thanks!

(happy dance)

Bubblesknits said...

How about this for the yarn? It's a free pattern on Knit Picks website and an interesting twist on prayer shawls (or just a neat keepsake).

Amulet Scarf