Saturday, June 30, 2007

Mom's Floppy Hat


My yarn (Sugar N Cream) in Mom's favorite color (Hmm wonder where I get my purple craze from?). My painstakingly asking everyone in Philadelphia if there exists a simple knit pattern for a floppy hat (which doesn't) because I kept screwing it up and there was no way in hell I was going to finish it before my parents left for Hawaii, which they do tomorrow at 9 AM. In walks my hero, Aileen,who took over the knitting of this project so that it would be finished before January 2010. Mom doesn't need the hat in 2010.
The hat is GORGEOUS I might add and will cover Mom's face perfectly which is exactly the job it needs to do.
Can't have Mom wear a straw hat, now can we?
THANK YOU AILEEN!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

6 comments:

SissySees said...

Birds of a feather... I'm sure Aileen was glad to do it for you. ;) Cute hat, I might add!

Bubblesknits said...

That turned out gorgeous!

Your monkey is staring at me again.

Alaina said...

Lucky Mom! Love the hat - great colors.

Cass said...

I would love to see a pic of that hat on your mom! cute!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

That's a cute hat! I'm sure Mom will love it. Aileen was good to finish it for you. Now, I have to ask...where might I buy the pattern?

Anonymous said...

The hat looks great! I love the colors. Maybe you should start another one for 2010 in case she loses this one! :)