Friday, June 08, 2007

You Just Have to Love Swaps!!!

I have one swap right now that I am a more than little bit disappointed in right now. My partner just isn't what I expected and if I wasn't already an expert in the field of swapping (thank you soapmaking) I might slink away from swapping altogether. Then I get these AMAZING swap partners which makes it all worth while so I forget about the disasters. I had such a box arrive yesterday.

Cass, you are an ANGEL, for me in more ways than one, so from the bottom of my heart, I thank you very much!! I know that some of you read my blog to hear about alternative fibers because of my wool and other animal fiber allergies. Well, Cass is a Vegan, so she too does not knit animal and has turned me to other fiber choices. In fact, she pointed me to one vendor who I thankfully did not purchase from yet because lo and behold the EXACT yarn I had been drooling over was IN MY SWAP BOX

Cass sent me two hanks of 100% cotton from Sheep Of A Different Color, one in Cotton Candy, love, love love it and one in Purple Pansy. Hello? CAN YOU SAY PURPLE?!?!?! Also two skeins of GORGEOUS 100% bamboo from Plymouth Yarns and it says it is from the Italian collection. Can you say Fabulous?

Then Cass told me she thought I needed a helping hand so she sent me an Artist's, her Mom's, rendition of Cass's own hand. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?! I am in awe. Let me just tell you. She tells me I can use this as a soap dish. Yea right. I am sorry an artist made this. It is going with my collection to save and treasure forever. That my good friend Cass and her Mom would think this highly of me to make something for me. I hope to be able to safe keep it long enough for my girls. First off, I LOVE handcrafted thing they mean the world to me because a bit of your spirit goes into each piece you make. Second, there will never be another like it. Sorry, I am very sentimental. Here is a picture of what she sent.

To keep with the theme, Cass knit a washcloth with a hand and heart in the middle. I attempted, poorly, to snap a photo of it. I think you can sort of make it out.


Cass also sent a lovely little gift for the Princess some bubbles and something else for Miss Sunshine oh and something else but the both ran off so quick I didn't catch it nor snap photos, sorry but they do say thank you very much Miss Cass. There was also a very pretty purple Vase but Miss Sunshine's doll house is enjoying it right now. Oh and some Sparkle bandaids which came in handy yesterday since Miss Sunshine took a tumble outside but that is par for the course.

Cass has signed up for the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap so since I am hosting it, I can make sure that her spoiler "vacations" her right because she definitely deserves it!!!

Thank you a Million times over!!!

The Summer dishcloth swap was an AMAZING swap to be in. I had the opportunity to spoil a very good friend this time around and got spoiled by a brand new friend whom I hope will continue to be a very good friend for a long time to come.

There are very few open spaces in the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap so if you want in, you better head on over. Especially since there is only 1 week left for sign ups.

4 comments:

SissySees said...

Just remember that the less than stellar swap pals make us treasure the above and beyond ones even more! I too am in awe of the generousity and talent of others, and Cass obviously got her creative, talented gene from her mother. Wow. What a special gift...

Bubblesknits said...

Wow!!! That hand looks freakin real! What a great job! Keep an eye on it...it might get up and move like in "The Adams Family"! LOL

Cass said...

YAY I'm so glad you like it! And that yarn had a hard time leaving my house. :) I haven't yet tried Cherry Tree Hill, but thanks for enabling telling me about it!
xoxoxo

Devonshire said...

That hand is amazing!!! What a great new friend for you. She did a beautiful job on your new dishcloth too. Good friends are hard to find and when we find them - it is so important to hang on. I love hand crafted gifts too!!!