Friday, April 06, 2007

LYS Shopping

I am going shopping to several LYS with a good friend later today and I guess I am so excited I can't sleep. No, that isn't true. I can't sleep because both the hubby and Little Miss Sunshine both have spring colds and their coughing, sneezing and blowing their noses is what won't let me sleep. The LYS shopping is what got me to the computer.

We live in the suburbs and since I have been back to knitting, over two years, I have yet to go to the shops in center city. This will be some trip. We are hitting over 4 shops if we get to all of them. I am sure I will some yarn I do not need since all my planned projects are accounted for even ones that spring up last minute are account for since I have a little stash of cotton yarn (Thank you Cherry Tree Hill for having a wonderful sale this January!) I do need some wooden circulars in a couple of sizes, I would love some better stitch markers instead of those little plastic thingies and I am a sucker for nice needle holders.

I will try to post pictures of my surprise purchases later.

ETA: We hit 6 yarn shops! Too pooped to post pictures but will post pictures tomorrow. Yes, of course I bought yarn and lots of it. Have some home, some at friend's being wound and some being shipped since special ordered. Need sleep.....

3 comments:

Kat said...

Hi! Wow, you are up late! I think you should spend spend spend! I recently treated myself to a pair of Rosewood needles, the are just divine to knit with, can't wait to see your stash!

Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I wait with baited breath to see your purchases - wowee 6 shops!

tracing said...

I too am looking forward to hearing about where you went, what you thought of the stores, and what you bought!