Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Spring Into Summer" Dishcloth Exchange Questionnaire

I am a big fan of the "cloth" so when I found the "Spring Into Summer" Dishcloth Exchange, I was very excited to sign up. The hostess has a very lovely questionnaire and here are my responses:

1. When did you learn to knit? Who taught you? I was nine years old and my grandmother and great Aunt taught me knit

2. What was your very first completed object? I made a doll blanket Your most recent? I made a baby poncho

3. What was the very first thing you sent to the frog pond? (pulled out and started over) A lace scarf Your most recent? A lace wash cloth (hmm, I am sensing a theme here, LOL)

4. What is currently on the needles for you? A round washcloth, a sweater for my daughter, a lace scarf, a flower brooch

5. What types of needles do you enjoy working with? What have you tried and hated? I love wood, bamboo and rosewood especially. I really do not like metal. They slip on me way too much

6. Have you knit dishcloths before? YES!!

What was your favorite one? I reworked a round cloth that I can practically do in my sleep that I love

Least favorite? Those ones that have intricate patterns where every line is different and you have to pay close attention or you mess up (which I do very often)

7. Do you use homemade dishcloths or face cloths yourself, or give them as gifts, or both? All of the above

8. What are your favorite and least favorite scents? (For your body, such as soap/lotion/etc) Favorite: Citrus Least favorite: Patchouli

9. What are your favorite colors? All shades of purple and lavender

10. What colors (if any) are your bathroom and kitchen decorated in? kitchen is blue and white, bathroom is very neutral tones

11. What other hobbies and crafts do you enjoy? Soap making, toiletry making, chocolate making, painting, crafts with my kids

12. Chocolate: Dark? White? Milk? Ew? Milk and white. Yummy.. chocolate

13. Do you like salty treats? What kinds? Mmm salty... especially popcorn and pretzels oh and Chex Mix, yum (note to self: don’t fill these things out when hungry, LOL)

14. If you could go anywhere in the world for one day and spend the day any way you wanted, where would you go and what would you do? Well, I would like to go visit where my Mom is from, Cali Colombia, one more time to revisit all the places from my childhood and show it to my children but it isn't the safest of places right now especially for Americans so a very nice and relaxing alternative would be a nice relaxing day at the spa

15. Do you have any allergies? (Yarns, foods, etc. that might impact what your pal can send) Unfortunately, yes. Animal fiber yarns like wool, mohair, cashmere, etc. I just stay away from all animal yarns to be safe including silk. I am also allergic to lanolin and silicone (you’d find them in body products), cats, most dogs, cigarette smoke and fresh cut grass. Aren’t I fun at parties?

I am very much looking forward to this exchange!

2 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Ok, this swap thing is contagious! lol I just signed up for the Summer Dishcloth Swap. A dishcloth I can do on a deadline. I'd never get socks to someone on time! ;)

Anonymous said...

Woohoo :D and I couldn't tell you like purple ;) Also in the coffee swap with you!! They're addicting aren't they??