Friday, August 03, 2007

Knit 1 Tea 2 Color Swap Questionnaire

I signed up for a great swap Knit 1 Tea 2 Color Swap and here are the answers to my questionnaire:

Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try? I do prefer loose but both will work

What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)? I really don't have a preferred brand I mix it up a lot and mix loose leaves a lot. There is a Teavana in the mall that I have bought a lot from lately though. I like a lot of fruity flavors blended in with hibiscus, rosehip or chamomile. However, I do not like lemon balm or lemon leaves in the mix.

Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up). I have tasted straight Rooibos tea but not flavored Rooibos so, I think I'd like to try red.

Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind? I would love to say teapot but it is usually just me so I usually just steep one cup

What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself? An easy tea steeper or perfect tea maker with loose tea leaves

How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc).
I would LOVE a mani/pedi but where do you find the time?

If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why? Why cotton of course!! It is so soft and gentle ;-)

If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why? Baby Booties... BTDT on the fun fur and a true fair isle is wool and i couldn't do a true fair isle because I am allergic to wool

What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?) Skip a tea party? Not sure I could ;-) It would have to be something having to do with my girlies

What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?) I LOVE all the tradition that goes with tea parties so tea sandwiches, scones, pastries, all essential!! I have taken my eldest to a little tea shop near my home with my Mom for a traditional annual outing. it is so much fun!!

When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute? Since I have allergies, there is a 99% chance I am going to have to sub.

What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go? I have a variety of canvas bags from various knit shops or an old backpack from when I was in college

Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting? To be honest, I might watch the Disney channel with my girls or Top Chef is a favorite

Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match? Actually a mug person and if I use a cup and saucer, I don't care if they match

Favorite childhood birthday party? My first slumber party when I was 9 years old

Favorite type of scone and jam? Plain scone with strawberry jam and cream

If you use candles, what is your favorite scent? I don't really use candles because my 4 year old always tries to blow them out or play with them. I do make soy wax melts and love vanilla and other fruity scents.

If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead). My Abuelita, Tzeral Starusta and Golda Meir

You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)? I am a very casual person

Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to? I do have a variety of allergies, unfortunately. Animal fiber yarns like wool, mohair, cashmere, etc. I just stay away from all animal yarns to be safe including silk. I am also allergic to lanolin and silicone (you’d find them in body products), cats, most dogs, cigarette smoke and fresh cut grass.

Anything we missed that you want your pal to know? I love doing these swaps! I also love crafty gifts and exchanges. I am a process crafter not just with knitting but with all my crafts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just stopping in to get some info :)