Friday, August 10, 2007

Vegan Pal 2 Swap Questionnaire

I am so excited for the Vegan Pal 2 Swap. I have no trepidation at all about this swap and since it is how I knit vegan and soap vegetarian so this swap is right up my ally!!

What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them? Knitting, of course, soap making as well as other toiletries (lotion, balms, bath salts, etc.)

Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other? Definitely veg-friendly. We actually happen to keep kosher at home so when the girls and I eat out of the home we eat vegetarian. Makes life a little easier for us.

Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you? I am swap addicted. Before knitting swaps, there were soap swaps for me. I LOVE receiving packages in the mail (although I think my mail carrier is beginning to hate me, LOL) Meeting new people, share ideas and trading with someone makes it all worthwhile

What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)? I love any shade of purple. My oldest daughter loves deep, rich pinks so I am developing a taste for it and my youngest daughter loves lime green which I really like too

Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)? I am HIGHLY allergic to animal fibers. Usually I go into how I am allergic to wool, mohair etc. but in this case it would mean your cats' and dogs' hair (make my eyes itch) and cigarette smoke, fresh cut grass, hay, AND I am also allergic to lanolin and silicone well any of those ingredients that end in *cone including dimethicone (you’d find them in body products), .. well, you asked!

Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?* We have a Tortoise named Tina

Do you collect anything? Anything and everything Goofy, as in Disney (you should see our family room), as just added Tinkerbell to that because Miss Sunshine likes the little pixie. I also collect Peter Max stuff. Yarn, of course!!

Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!) I am half Colombian and my Mom makes this great Frijoles Negros (Black Beans) that is delicious without any meat at all - YUM!! I also make this scrumptious Guacamole. I love avocados!!

What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.) From the previous question, you can't tell? I LOVE Latin American flavors but not too spicy and I definitely do not like tart or sour. I definitely have a sweet tooth though ;-)

What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list) I definitely wish I had something better than a box, although a nice box, to put my circulars and dpns into. I definitely could use more small project bags too. You mean you can have too much of something?

Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle? Yup, on Ravelry. My handle is Sharon (I know so creative)

Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you? I am swap addicted so I have a bunch of these questionnaires filled out so look at some of the other questionnaires too but if you don't see the answer to your question, please do not hesitate to ask me

What scents do you like/dislike? I LOVE citrus scents but since I have so many allergies I prefer to go with lighter/softer scents

Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme? The kids do go Trick-or treating but we don't really celebrate Halloween but I do love Autumn. The change of the leaves, the colors, Apple and pumpkin pie

Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory. I was born in the Autumn, October 3rd. So was my oldest daughter October 11Th. Would there be any better memories?

3 comments:

SissySees said...

You know, I've read a LOT of your questionnaires, and I still learn a little more with each new one! And Mugsy wants you to know that ANYTHING with guacamole is delicious. The dog goes nuts for it!

Cass said...

Hey where ya been girlie???
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, avocados and black beans, you're talking my language! Thanks for joining the swap.