Tuesday, August 14, 2007

On the Hunt for a Nice Tank

I am always on the lookout for a good pattern. I do spend a good amount of time doing research for what I am going to knit whether next or some where down the road. When I don't do my homework, so to speak, I end up in trouble and I end up frogging the project and never picking up the yarn or pattern again. What a waste of good yarn, right?

This time I am on the hunt for a great tank pattern for my the Green Pakucho. I thought I had the ideal pattern bu as I read it again last night, I decided I really don't like it. This isn't the first time I do this to myself.

So, I like the front of Asana but not the back so much. I like the Ballet Camisole but not the "pinch" thingy in the front so much. Okay, this one because it is named after me, LOL. However, The Sigma Tank might be my best bet at being able to play and get creative.

Yes, I have to do some math but the important thing here for me was A) the pattern is gratis and B) it is knit in the round so minimal sewing of seams and C) it is rather simple in design and look because the intended wearer does not like complex.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I am open to ideas.

4 comments:

RandomRanter said...

Elann.com has a couple of cute tanks although they may be too busy for your recipient.
This shell
and this top for example.

Anonymous said...

I want a way to make THIS one for a big girl LOL

http://www.knitty.com/issuespring07/PATTmonica.html

Anonymous said...

OK now know where I saw that originally - lol - it was what Jessi was making for her little one. Perhaps not so great for a grown up though ;)

Sonya said...

I would have to vote for the "Sharon tank"