Thursday, August 16, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Contest!!

What is wrong with me? I am getting very lax in my blog posting. Okay, for most this is not lax but skipping a day is lax for me. My Hostess for Secret Pal 11, Shelby, emailed us a few questions for a contest and since I can't think of anything right now to post this was perfect. (yea, me with nothing to say, Jessi don't laugh)

Anyway, here are my answers....

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
My tape measure. I have a dozen of them actually. I have one in every knitting bag I have and with every project. I am always measuring and checking and re-checking to make sure I knitted the right length. I have no depth perception so I need to make sure by measuring often.

2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?
I take my knitting EVERY WHERE I go. No matter where it is or for how long. I have at least a washcloth, a drawstring bag or now a candy bag with me. I took my first "vacation" in 7 years this past summer and took small projects with me. Several knit in the round hats, knit in the round bags and a few extra skeins that could be knit using the same size needles just in case.

3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
My favorite all time place in the world is Disney World!! On a more serious side, my Mom is from Colombia and although I haven't been there in a while, I spend a good portion of my childhood there and have a lot of memories there.

4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it? This is a tough one. I like the No Sheep For You book My Amy Singer for the explanation sections. I also like Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman for similar reasons.

5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)? Not really because I don't really have the time plus I JUST got speakers for my computer and I don't have an I-Pod. I think I would like Lime and Violet for nothing but the fact that I love both those colors LOL

2 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

You would love Lime and Violet! You don't have to have an iPod to listen to it. Atleast, I don't think so. LOL

SissySees said...

I have yet to listen to a podcast either. The bootie is darling!