Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sweetie Has Her Mate


The booties are finished!! I did run into one snafu yesterday when Miss Sunshine decided to play hide-n-seek with bootie #2. It all turned out well in the end.

On to the hat. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do so, I am making it up as a go along with some bits of cotton I have that will sort of match the booties.

Yes, you see correctly, I decided to try making the hat using dpns. I did originally cast on with 4 but, I quickly got confused so switched to 3 which is what I was using for the bags. It is working very well so far. I still like the circulars but for this small a circumference, dpns work a little smoother. That is some Shine Worsted left over from a different hat and some Sugar N Cream.

I liked the booties. Might have to make another pair of those for one of the other babies that are due.

4 comments:

JenniferB said...

Oh these are super adorable.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Look at you go with those dpn's... WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

Cute booties! I usually use 3 dpn too, because 4 are too clumsy to handle. How do you like shine worsted? That's a pretty color.

Bubblesknits said...

Ok, so when are you knitting your first pair of socks? ;-)