Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Meet Our New Addition, Tina!!


Tina is a Russian Tortoise who's a little shy and likes to hide in her hay but the girls just love her!! The princess and I have been running around getting everything Tina would need for the past few weeks and putting everything together for her arrival date. We thought it was going to be today but found out it could be last night so we ran right over there and picked her up!!
She is a herbivore, which I am excited about, meaning no crickets or feeder fish or meat to feed her. She will eat spring mix salad, hay, turnips, plantain (not the banana kind) dandelion, stuff like that.
I grew up with a tortoise so I am very happy to have one in the family again

6 comments:

SissySees said...

Neato! I used to bring home every box turtle I found in the road, growing up. Some wise soul in my house always returned them to the woods in the night...

How old is she? What's the lifespan?

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! i saw a little turtle the other day crossing a really busy street... I stopped and moved him over so he didn't get squished :o A little nuts, but hey! Have fun with Tina!

Cass said...

SQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to have a tortoise as well. What are you keeping her in? How exciting for you guys!!!! :) Can't wait to see her little face! :) Where did you get her?

Bubblesknits said...

That's pretty neat! How big is she and how big will she get?

JenniferB said...

Oh that's great! How did you come upon the name Tina? Do tell!

NH Knitting Mama said...

That is a cool pet!