Saturday, May 12, 2007

The all FAMOUS Knitting Survey

I was tagged for a SECOND time and told I have the possibility of being tagged for a third and fourth. Well, I am not doing another 21 random things so I decided to do the knitting survey instead, LOL.

When I first saw this survey on Mommy Susy Knits blog a few days ago, I was in awe of all that she had done. Then it kept popping up on several other blogs I frequent so I copied it down and thought I'd get to it eventually. However, since the prospect of being tagged so often occurred, I actually looked at it and was shocked at all I have actually tried and I think I owe that thanks to you all. As I was emailing Jessica this morning it did occur to me though, that I try a lot of new things when I knit up washclothes. So, if you have never tried one, you really should.

With that said.....

Mark with bold the things you have knit, with italics the ones you plan to do sometime, and leave the rest.


Afghan
I-cord
Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire
Shawl
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up

Knitting with camel yarn (never going to happen due to allergy)
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Knitting with silk (never going to happen due to allergy)
Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KAL
Sweater
Drop stitch patterns
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn
Domino knitting (modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles
Baby items
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Slippers
Graffiti knitting
Continental knitting
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Lace patterns
Publishing a knitting book
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Knitting to make money
Buttonholes
Knitting with alpaca (never going to happen due to allergy)
Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting
Dying with plant colors
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on one or two circulars
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn
Knitting with dpns

Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit
Bobbles
Knitting for a living
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking
Dying yarn
Steeks
Knitting art
Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously
Fulling/felting (never going to happen due to allergy)
Knitting with wool (never going to happen due to allergy)
Textured knitting
Kitchener stitch
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backwards
Machine knitting
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegated yarn

Stuffed toys
Baby items
Knitting with cashmere (never going to happen due to allergy)
Darning
Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern

Gloves
Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies

Tubular CO
Freeform knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mits/armwarmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Rug
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting (?)
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair (never going to happen due to allergy)
Hair accessories
Knitting in public (ALWAYS!!)

What have you learned to do that has marked a definite change in your knitting
life?

K
nitting blogs, KAL's and Swaps have helped me to meet lots of other knitters around the States and the world which has helped me meet some of the most AMAZING new friends

(Did you see the sock section? One of these days if I find yarn that is thick enough with big enough needles *wink*)

2 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

I'm so used to knitting socks now that whenever I try to knit with anything larger than a 9, I feel like I'm holding tree branches.

That doll was on really small needles, wasn't it? So, you're halfway there! ;)

Sue J. said...

Wow! You really have done a lot. I'll bet more that you realized. That's what happened to me. Congratulations.