Friday, May 11, 2007

Some Friday Ramblings....(and answers to Anne's Contest)

Last night my Princess, the 6 year old, and I did it, we each chopped off 10 inches a piece from our hair. It will be donated to Locks of Love. Everyone at the Salon was so impressed with her that she was doing it and going through with it and that it was her second time doing it. I, of course, am proud of her. I also whipped out the knitting there and had the ladies staring at me asking questions. Showed one of the employees how to do a long tail cast-on.

Today went on a field trip with the Princess's Kindy class. I give huge kudos to her teacher. That is definitely tiring. If you did not appreciate your child's teacher this week for Teacher Appreciation week you should have., They do a TON. Also knitted on the bus there and back. the kids were in awe. I might try to teach some of them next year how to do it when they are in first grade as an after or before school thing.

I was surprised when I got home with a different kind of swap box. A soap swap box!!! Gosh I LOVE those.

A variety of soaps, lotions, lip balms and other bath and body goodies for me to try. My contribution is not there cause I don't get one of those back. I can't wait to try everything

Now for my answers to the Summer Dishcloth Swap:

What one CD of music would you take? Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Volume's I and II they came together
What one book? The Ultimate Hitch Hicker's Guide
What one hobby-related item? Knitting Needles, of course
What one person? That is impossible since I have two daughters. If this was imaginary, I would say my Maternal gradmother who past away when I was 11 1/2
What one food? (no, you couldn't survive on a single food, I'm just SAYING) Sushi - yum!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Thanks for the meme tag. :o)

I can't wait to see you with short hair! That's really awesome that you and Princess did this; all little girls want to feel pretty, and now they will with wigs made from your hair!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, VERY good album choice.. that's definitely one on my short list. And you were tagged back missy. That's what you get!