Sunday, May 27, 2007

Busy, Busy....

Well, I brushed off that Mommy guilt especially since I got called about a million times yesterday when hubby took the Princess shopping at the outlet mall up near where the cabin is in the mountains (Frances, you know which ones I am talking about) He kept calling and asking, what size does she wear in pants? What size dress? what size shoes? Does this one need xx? Does she already have xxx? For both the Princess and Miss Sunshine. Then he called about himself and his sizes. Every 15 minutes. Literally I got called.

I am getting a lot done. Made more soap yesterday and today. Made my Mom's party favors for her retirement dinner which is June 7th.


Sixty some odd lotion bottles scented with Candy Apple lotion colored light pink. It smells AMAZING if I can brag just a little. I thankfully have some left over because it is AWESOME. I had made some soap out of the same fragrance Friday, YUM. (okay enough boasting, LOL)

I also finished the Heartbreakingly Cute Kimono. Hooray!


I was going to do an I-cord tie but then I found a button that matched (the picture doesn't do it justice) and used that instead. The pattern is from Mason Dixon Knitting and very easy if you don't get interrupted often and have your needles stolen repeatedly since it is knit in one piece with minimal sewing. I highly recommend it. Also very easy to use alternative yarn than is recommended in the book.

Already cast on the 5-hour baby sweater as the next layette piece in a lovely orchid Blue Sky Alpaca Cotton. This one is neck down but, I already see some changes I want to make. We will see how it turns out.

Have a happy Sunday!

Counting down till Friday and the, Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap! If you are not going to be near a computer during sign ups (like on vacation for real, please do not hesitate to drop me an email message now)

3 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Soooo cute!!! Your friend will love it!

Frances said...

Hi Sharon, that outlet is so big I get confused there! One time I was there with Denise she could not get me out of the Chico's Outlet! I have the house to myself today and I finally got my SSS soap done NOW I need to figure out packing! I'm looking forward to your swap!

Anonymous said...

turn off the phone, woman!

you are out of reach of everyone. you will answer to no one.

peace be with you.