Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My Entry for Contest #2 for the Knitter's Coffee Swap

Contest number 2 is "Still Life with Coffee and Yarn". To take a digital picture of yarn and coffee and post about it on the Knitter's Coffee swap blog. (the alternative is you can write a poem about coffee and yarn) I think your posts kind of get lost on that blog over there. there are over 100 people in this swap and although I just LOVE the theme of the swap you kind of get lost in the shuffle.

When I first read about this contest, I had no idea what I wanted to do. The first few entries where of yarn and mugs and they looked like pastries or typical cups, coffee and yarn. Being that I have studied the more artsy type still life, I decided to do something a bit more unconventional and this is what I came up with.

The yarn is a 1 pound cone of 100% Cotton Bulky Boucle Natural easy to dye Yarn that I decorated with whole coffee beans from Starbucks. It kind of looks like a yummy treat to me.

I do plan on actually dying the yarn, which I have 2 pound of, with Alkanet (a natural herb that I use to color soaps too) sometime in the near future but, right now it smells like coffee, LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that really does look cool! How did you do that?

Anonymous said...

OH very cute! I need to get my entry up too, but I totally agree that things get lost on the blogs like the coffee and sockapalooza with so many folks posting - I'm glad you shared yours here.