Monday, May 21, 2007

Flashing....


Here is "most" of what I bought yesterday. I can't show everything because what if my secret pals or swap partners are watching. I don't want to spoil their surprises.
The one to far left and far right is Suss Twisted Slub 100% Cotton in Fuchsia/Baby Pink (I guess it isn't cream) and it is for a baby sweater. I am still debating on the exact pattern for this one. Next, going left, if Alchemy Bamboo which I have been eyeing since I bought the No Sheep for You and it is for a pattern in that book. If you know me at all, you know the next two are Blue sky alpaca cotton in the two shades of purple they offer. My debate begins here because originally I was going to make a purple bear and a purple hat but then I got home and started browsing my patterns and thought well maybe a purple bunny or purple pants or make the kimono out of this and make the bear out of something else. I have to wait till I actually lay everything out , see everything sitting there and sit down and start knitting before I can actually decide I think. At least every hank is wound (I just LOVE that service) and I can get right to it.
Oh and if you haven't done so already, check out the, Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap It is going to be a ton of fun!

5 comments:

JenniferB said...

Woo hoo! Love that Blue Sky Alpaca Cotton. I have some myself marinating in my stash for Baby Bobby Bear. :)

http://www.blueskyalpacas.com/pattern_detail.php?patterns_ID=2

the swap looks like so much fun, I can't wait. I wonder how I can send cheese curds and bratwurst in the mail. lol.

Sally said...

Glad I didn't go with you and Aileen. I think Terry would divorce me. :o)

Love the yarn.

Bubblesknits said...

Lovely stuff! Good thing I'm all the way down here or you'd catch me raiding your stash! lol

I love the little countdown clock up at the top of the page!

B said...

Ooh, I would love to see those yarns in real life! You've been influencing me to knit with more plant fibers, and I really want to try bamboo.

Cass said...

oh MAN I'm coveting the Alchemy Bamboo! You're so lucky to have such a well stocked LYS! Can't wait to watch you knit that up.

And thanks for the nice note in my blog. Your daughters remind me of my daughters way back when. Don't blink Sharon- they'll be teenagers if you do. :)