Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day to All



A Sonnet for My Incomparable Mother

I often contemplate my childhood, Mom.
I am a mother now, and so I know
Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.
I think of all the things you gave to me:
Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,
Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--
All these you spent on me throughout the years.

You loved me with a never-failing love
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest thing of all:
You let me separate and set me free.

Every day, I try my best to be
A mother like the mom you were to me.


By Joanna Fuchs

3 comments:

Sue J. said...

Beautiful! Words fail me.

Michele said...

Tag you're it! Check out my blog for details.
Michele ;-)
Happy Mother's Day!

Bubblesknits said...

Happy Late Mother's Day! It was over 11 minutes ago. lol :-)