Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Baby Sister!!

I would be remiss if I didn't wish my sister a happy birthday today. She is about 4 and a half years younger than me. Although we weren't always the best of friends we have gotten closer as we have gotten older.

When she went away to college and she really went away, all the way to the University of Arizona, is when we seemed to get much closer for some reason. When she was in her final year, I flew out during Thanksgiving break and we drove from Tucson to the Grand Canyon and back. It was definitely, to this day, one of my most memorable trips.

When I got married, she was my Maid of Honor and not in name only. When I gave birth to the Princess she was there with me and since she had a cold they gave her a mask to wear so she could be there for support. I have repaid a favor and was her Matron of Honor last year at her wedding when she married the man of her dreams.

Now her husband has been given an opportunity of a lifetime for his career and they will be moving to Florida. It seems so far away. At least we will have an opportunity to have a little sisterly bonding on the drive down since we will be driving down together. That is my birthday gift to her this year. So happy birthday little sister! Next year I am just going to knit you something ;-)

No comments: