Friday, May 04, 2007

Time to Jump Back into the Deep End

The Babe's body is almost complete so it is time to think of that next project. My friend who is due in October is finding out what she is having so until she does, I can start a different project. Of course, Murphy's Law, as soon as I do I will get an email from her telling me she is having a (fill in the blank)

With some persuading from Aileen (blog-less) and Jessi, both thought I should consider doing a wrap/shawl but Jessi is the one that gave me the idea of doing something vanilla. Being that Little Miss Sunshine is still terrorizing my knitting to some extent and I can't do any lace where I really need to concentrate or I will end up having to frog too much, I thought what the hey, I am going to attempt a very Vanilla Lace shawl pattern that I will most likely make up as I go along. That way I won't worry if I have to put it down frequently. Between a few of my books, a few of my magazines, Knitter's Review and the beautiful yarn, I am sure to come up with something that is gorgeous and wearable and my Mother will probably steal.

The yarn - Wool in the Woods (I still find that ironic) Gold Dust, 48% Rayon, 44% Cotton, 6% Nylon, 2% Mylar
200 yards per skein and I have 2
Gauge: 20 sts/26 rows to 4" on US 6 needles
Color: Lottery (it is purples and pinks with gold flecks although the picture sort of makes it look grey doesn't it?).

I need to see if I have the right needles but with a couple of stitch markets, yarnovers, knit, purl, knit two together and slip, slip knit, something I can easily detect and easily put down a simple lace shawl can be born. I just need to keep Miss Sunshine occupied.

1 comment:

Bubblesknits said...

Vanilla is good. Vanilla is wonderful. lol I can't wait to see what it will look like!