Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Babe in Progress (For Those Who Wouldn't Believe Untill They Saw It)

So here she is in all her rare glory. Yes, those really are size 2US needles. I made sure I got them in the picture as proof for myself that I have actually painstakingly been knitting a doll for my eldest child on these little needles when I would prefer to knit on size 10US or larger.

For the knitting, all that is really left is the head, arms and legs. Then the fun begins. Giving her a face, hair and making a wardrobe for her. My Wednesday night knitting group really came through for me and brought tons for fine grade yarn for the clothes. One wonderful lady is even rummaging through her stash and found some coffee colored yarn for the hair (The Princess's hair is dark brown). For how small this little lady is, she is taking a long time to knit. Probably for several reason. I want to make sure I get it right, I am not fond of the teeny tiny and of curse there is Miss Mary Sunshine and her evil knit interuptus ways (she is getting better). I have been very good. This has not ended up in a drawer some where. I will also not started a new project till this is finished so it gives me GREAT motivation to finish. I did decide that if I am going to make another one of these things, I am going to rework it for thicker yarn. Eventually I will make another at this size but, it is definitely not for me. Give me thicker yarn and bigger needles any day. When she is all "dolled" up with clothes and all she will model for you.

4 comments:

picperfic said...

looking forward to seeing this dolly progressing...seems like a lot of fun!

Bubblesknits said...

Where did you get the pattern for this, again? As much as Em likes dolls, this would be something cute to make her. Looks like it's coming along nicely. See, size 2's aren't that bad, are they? We'll have you knitting socks before long! lol

Marigold said...

This is going to be something she shows off to her friends "Look, my mom MADE this doll for me!" :) Very nice!

B said...

Looks like you're making good progress! I'm going to attempt my first size 2 knitting project as soon as I get the yarn this weekend. I'm less intimidated now! :)